Everything has a good and a bad side. Unfortunately. For the next few blogs i would like to discuss my personal opinions on getting married in various places in Italy. Today I will start with the pro’s and con’s of marrying in Venice.
Venice is UNBELIEVABLE. Crazy Venetians built a city in the middle of the sea. It’s sinking and won’t be there for ever so even if you don’t get married there you have to go and see the place. It’s refined, beautiful, sad, and so impressive. One can see the strong Arabic influence and it is surprised by gardens and luxury.
The Pros of getting married in Venice:
- The scenery is unbeatable, nothing else like it exists. The streets, buildings and interiors.
- If you are prepared to spend a bit you can dine in some of the most exquisite hotels in the world
- Getting around on boats and gondolas is fabulous
- It’s melon conic waysare so romantic
- Even the shops are romantic and the shopping is down right sexy (if you find that kind of thing sexy.
- It’s so close to Milan so flights are frequent and cheap
- There is so much to see and do from art exhibitions, boat tours, walking tours and of course the define art of getting lost with a camera
The Cons of getting married in Venice:
- Too many tourists, hard to shoot in the most famous places without looking like you are just one in a million. Though this can be overcome if your photographer knows a few secret places.
- Never be late if you are getting married in Venice. There are no cars, none. So if you are late you have to run or catch a boat but they are only allowed to go very slowly. Be warned if you catch the wrong boat or bus it can cost you hours.
- Everything is already very expensive but if they see you wearing a wedding dress the price doubles.
- The place is so full of tourist traps that your wallet is in constant danger but with a little intelligent exploration, like following Italians in to a restaurant you can find real treasures.